Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Alter 30 - Sword of Light and Shadow


Here is the 3rd Sword for the 5 sword commission, Sword of Light and Shadow. I have never thought the art on this one really resonated, but making it full frame really brought it out for me. I really appreciate the muted tones in the original art and tried to stay true to this with the extension. Sometimes I try to punch up the work a little bit with some more color or contrast, but this one I wanted to just keep nicely muted.

2 more Swords to go before I finish this massive commission! (Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of Feast and Famine)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I do love the extension on this one, stretching out the spiral on the left (and extending it further on the right) really pulls out the duality even more and calls attention to the original art. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete