Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Alter 48 - Strangleroot Geist


I think this guy is one of those Uncommons that looks good at first, but eventually it will show that it's actually just very very good. He isn't a Kitchen Finks, but it took a while for that to really shine as one of the better creatures ever printed too.

But about the alter, I just liked the artwork and the fact that this is getting play in Standard in some decks. I wonder if this is cubeworthy? It doesn't seem like it would fit in Commander very well, just not enough impact I would assume.

I am also trying to work on improving my edges and borders. After looking closely at some of the work by the master himself, Eric Klug (http://klugalters.blogspot.com/) I realized that while I thought I was being fairly clean around the edges, I A) wasn't and B) was picking different edges for different cards sometimes. So I am attempting to clean that up.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Marshall. I can definitely see a slight difference on your edges. This card just looks awesome with the extended border. I'm not a fan of the look of the card normally, mostly because I think that the palette of the green card border doesn't match the palette of the painting itself, but your alter really brings out the colors in a much more subtle way

    ReplyDelete