Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Alter 37 - Lightning Greaves



As part of the project for Desertbus For Hope's annual charity event I did an alter of a Lightning Greaves for the set of Commander cards which I was donating. I have always found the art on the original Greaves pretty boring. It's some boots with some generic green earthy stuff going on in the back ground. Meh.

So I decided to push the boundaries and try to snazz it up. Now all of the other alters I have done for this project have been extensions and I have tried to the best of my skill level to do justice to the original card. But for the Greaves I wanted to mix it up a bit.

I failed.

As is often the case when one is pushing boundaries, you learn a lot during the process, but the final product is often lacking. And that was the case here as well. Unfortunately I put a nights effort into that one, and had to scramble the next evening to redo a normal one. I am pretty happy with the result on this one, and learned a *lot* from my experiment gone wrong with the original as well. :)

Check out desertbus.org if you are interested in bidding for these particular boots, along with their friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment