Monday, November 28, 2011

Alter 37 - Rafiq of the Many


The first card that I ever really latched onto as far as power level was this fella right here. I worked on a deck with him in it for my first big sanctioned tournament, which was Regionals. I ended up with a pretty sweet list, but a few days before the tournament people realized how good Finest Hour was. I used a modified decklist that basically combined what I was running already with both Finest Hour and Rafiq. I went X-2 at that tournament, even though I had zero clue what I was doing. I remember 2 main things now from it:

1. Beating people down with Birds Of Paradise for 6+ damage.
2. Losing to Jon Loucks, now my fellow Limited Resources podcaster and friend.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for old Rafiq :)

No comments:

Post a Comment